Top 10 Programs for a PC
Whenever I set up a PC for myself or anyone else, there are a number of programs that I always install.
These programs are invaluable and in some ways better that some of the Windows programs that are installed by default.
- Ninite – This will take the effort out of installing the most popular programs on your PC. No longer do you have to go from one website to the next to find the most up to date versions
- VLC Media Player – VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols.
- Dropbox – Is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere.
- Teamviewer – Remote control any computer or Mac over the internet within seconds or use TeamViewer for online meetings. Find out why more than 100 million users trust TeamViewer!
- Evernote – Evernote makes it easy to remember things big and small from your everyday life using your computer, phone, tablet and the web.
- Revo Unistaller – Is a much faster and more powerful alternative to “Windows Programs and Features (Add or Remove Programs)”. It has very powerful features to uninstall and remove programs.
- Avast Free Antivirus -Is an award-winning free antivirus software, which removes malware and protects you against the latest strains of viruses, worms, Trojans and more.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free – utilizes Malwarebytes powerful technology to detect and remove all traces of malware including worms, trojans, rootkits, rogues, dialers, spyware and more.
- CCleaner – Is the number-one tool for cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure. Easy to use and a small, fast download.
- Fences – I like a tidy desktop and this is a great tool for keeping my desktop just the way I like it